During dire times in the family, when you feel helpless and litigation is the only option left to do justice; it’s ideal to seek assistance of a family solicitor who are all-rounders covering all aspects of litigation pertaining to family matters.
Whether it is a conclusion of a painful relationship, domestic violence or a separation and divorce, family solicitors are the specialised professionals who can assist to resolve such matters. However, it’s imperative to select the reputed professional who handles matters confidentially and swiftly. To be specific, these specialized family law solicitors act as moderator in between the family members handling following concerns:
• Civil Partnerships – The registered civil couple can discuss legal implications if they decide to live together or the actions that needs to be taken if the relationship breaks down.
• Cohabitation – Living together without a legally binding document can have various impacts. Family solicitors can assist identifying the legal rights of each partner & the implications which will arise in case of separation.
• Pre-nuptial Agreements – This deals with agreements pertaining to finances of one or both parties that are yet to be bonded by marriage. It settles out terms of possession of assets, treatment of future earnings, control of property & potential division should the marriage ends. These are common agreements available with family law solicitors for those who possess substantial assets or children from prior marriages.
• Separation and Divorce – One of the strong holds of family solicitors and can aid to settle legal disputes and the course of action that needs to be taken when a divorce occurs.
• Maintenance of Children and Spouse – This deals with the contractual agreement for children after a divorce. Simply deals with the party who gets the accountability to bring up the children.
A breakdown of a relationship can be emotionally and financially draining. Thus a good solicitor is required who can cater to clients’ financial & family needs. The services solicited by a family litigator includes: court representation, injunctions & personal protection orders, financial agreements and property settlements. When choosing the ideal solicitor to handle your cases, always choose a professional who will have ample experience under their belt even though they cost extra. This will ensure your needs are met effectively and efficiently within a short frame of time. Lastly as a precaution, keep in mind not to hire a solicitor who has represented the opposing party in a different occasion, since this might work against you if they have developed a stronger relationship with the opposing party.